I'm not sure if you all care too much, but I get asked this on a daily basis as a skincare company executive. No, I do not strictly use my company's products. Yes, I truly believe in them. However, as a former Sephora cast member, there is absolutely no way I could ever just use one brand's products. There are too many to love! And these choices of mine will probably change in another month!
Thursday, April 25, 2013
Monday, April 22, 2013
Recently my work has taken me all around the midwestern part of the US, & this weekend found me in Louisville, KY. It's the second time I've visited, & this time around my sister joined me for some entertainment & food. Mostly it was about the food & booze.
|Digital art while waiting for the elevator|
The food! We actually didn't get to as many places as we'd have liked. The city kind of shut down for the Thunder Over Louisville airshow/firework spectacle of craziness, which prevented us from doing so. Next time!
|Avocado Dream from LIFEbar|
Hillbilly Tea was amazing. Had some weird booze concoction (when in Kentucky...) and some great southern-style farm-to-table food. Also, I had my first real introduction to juicing. Lauren took me to LIFEbar, which is amazing. My green drink healed a hangover & a green smoothie blew my damn mind.
And it wouldn't be a trip to KY without a little bourbon, right? We started our Sunday with brunch at an old house in a cute, quaint town that was DELICIOUS. True southern hospitality, as well. Then we headed into horse country to see the wide, fenced-in fields of bluegrass & sip some bourbon at Woodford Reserve. I cannot explain how beautiful it is. We kept commenting that the countryside here is so perfect it may have all been fake. I'm no expert bourbon drinker, but L liked it quite a bit.
|Final race of the day at Keeneland|
Until next time, gotta go BUFFALO.
Wednesday, March 20, 2013
Wednesday, March 6, 2013
Well, I signed my dog up for a monthly box subscription. I can't quite justify jumping the gun on one for myself, but Lola...that's another story. Although, it's absolutely for me too.
I chose to go with Spoiled Rotten from Pet Flow. It's really amazing & a great value - the first month was only $19.99 ($24.99 after). Sure, you could run to your big box pet retailer & get items to give your pup, but there is something quite lovely about receiving a snail-mail box of things you'd never even realize existed. Or maybe didn't think your four-legged friend would enjoy. I know that I assume she's into certain things.
WELL COLOR ME SURPRISED! Lola likes hollow plastic bear-shaped toys! And, as I've nicknamed them, Sleepy Treats! Then again, she also enjoys eating fur clumps & dryer sheets. To each their own.
I highly recommend this box - I read reviews & am happy we chose it. Lola-approved, & Con was even intrigued (he generally approaches what I deem exciting with the enthusiasm of a geriatric at an AC/DC concert).
Overall value of February 2013 box: + $45
- Luther's Treats SOUL - hard cookie treats w. lavender. Lola & the geriatric dog Maggie that lives with us both enjoyed these. Apparently in dog world they are duck-flavored.
- Clear Conscience Tender Beef & Cheddar Sliders - I would have eaten these.
- Ark Naturals BREATH-LESS Brushless Toothpaste Mini Dog Treats - I don't love giving Lola breath/teeth products yet since she's so young, but Maggie ate the shit out of these...& she needs 'em.
- Bright Bites Single Spearmint star-shaped treat - see above...we did feed this to Lola last night in a moment of desperation to keep her busy. She inhaled it in like 3 minutes. Approved.
- Nutrisca Salmon & Chickpea Stew Canned Dog Food - eaten by ol' Mags (Lola is on puppy chow only). She loved it, then barfed.
- Silver Dog Charm Key Chain - will provide review once Lola learns to drive & therefore needs a keychain.
- Gimme Gummies - aka HOLLOW BEAR. We stuff it with a mix of peanut butter & Lola's kibble. Loses her damn mind. And it is TOUGH - has held up well.
- Natural Balance Turkey Food Roll - haven't tried this one yet!
You can order one for the furry creature in your life here: SPOILED ROTTEN
PS...Lola is really obsessed with hollow bear. BFFs.
Tuesday, March 5, 2013
My effort to have a blog has been a bit of a failure. However, some things have changed - namely, I moved away from Nebraska, so I'm attempting to get back into this thing. Mostly I thought it'd be a way for my family to see what I'm up to - a good way for them to waste a few minutes of their day.
With that I'll get back to it! Some pics of what's been happening in my life lately - rather than type it all up.
Posted by Piper Jacquelyn